For community leaders, coaches, creative business owners, and alumni group leaders
Guest Workshops with Jessica Abel
Working together to support your people
Hi there—I’m Jessica
I’m a business strategist for mid-career creatives: I’m committed to helping people finish and get paid for the work they love, the work that is on no one’s schedule but their own.
My coaching specialties are solving income gaps with business model design and offer development, as well as creative productivity and executive function. I love helping leaders by getting their people unstuck and solving problems!
Who I work with
Mid-career, committed creatives
- People in a wide variety of creative fields, both self-employed and employed in creative industries: Writers, people in high-end crafts, filmmakers, designers, architects, musicians, performers, software writers, visual artists, coaches, consultants, and service providers.
- Creatives who’ve been in the trenches for many years who hit snags when it comes to prioritizing the work they envision that has the potential to make their careers.
- People employed in creative industries who find themselves swamped by the day-to-day, unable to turn their attention to the career-building projects that sit on the back burner.
How do we run a guest workshop with Jessica?
You and I schedule a date and choose a topic for the workshop that will best serve your audience.
You invite your people—your email list or membership—to the workshop. I bring customized content and teach live. I’d love it if you attend the workshop live to say hi and introduce me, but that’s not required.
The workshop is a high-value, live class, and lays out useful, attainable action steps that will unlock major a-has.
My team takes care of all the tech and prepares all the marketing materials - you just schedule the invitation emails and social media.
TOPIc: ESCAPE SCARCITY THINKING BY PAYING YOURSELF FIRST, AND GET MORE DONE
🍑 ➕ 🪑 Butt In Chair: 4 steps to beat overwhelm and the unexpected secret to becoming a finisher
If you've stopped even looking at your to-do list because you have 50 million things unfinished...
Time to take action.
You know that just thinking about your ambitious, future-focused projects will get you nowhere. But even if you know exactly what you want to work on, it's all too easy to let everything else take precedence.You know that just thinking about your ambitious, future-focused projects will get you nowhere. But even when you know exactly what you want to work on, it's all too easy to let everything else take precedence.
The problem is, it's not just a matter of telling yourself that this is what you're going to do today. You have a complicated adult life full of real responsibilities.
Put time for your projects on your calendar AND actually make use of that time all week, instead of letting it slip away.
When you get your butt in that chair, you'll…
- Create an action plan for your week built around what's actually true in your life, so that you’re not just winging it and hoping for the best, but dealing with reality and making it work for you.
- Make smart, conscious decisions about what you want to focus on so that at the end of the day you feel a sense of accomplishment instead of failure
- Commit to value your own projects and priorities as much as the things you’re doing for others in order to set healthy boundaries
- Reduce creative overwhelm
- Finish the projects that matter most, first!
Free planning worksheet with your registration!
The Creative Focus Workshop is the premier course on productivity and executive function for serious creatives. Participants build a sustainable, flexible, and fully customized approach to getting their ambitious, self-generated projects finished.
Your audience will be offered a $155 off list price for the course, and you will get a 25% commission.
Introduction & Teaching Content 60 min
Program Pitch 15 min
Q&A after the webinar 15 min
90 MIN (75 MINS OFFICIAL WEBINAR)
I’m very happy—and in some ways prefer—to offer a pitch-free workshop instead of a sales webinar to your audience. The teaching content is the same as in the pitch version, but I only mention the Creative Focus Workshop as a possible option for support, with no heavy sales pitch.
Participants will be sent sales messages in follow up email.
Introduction & Teaching Content 60 min
Q&A 20 min
HOW IT WORKS
We’ll handle all the tech and all the content.
You just invite your list and show up live.
→ Set up the Zoom call and RSVP page
→ Give you invitation email text
→ Give you social media text and graphics
→ Remind registrants to attend live!
→ Give the workshop
→ Answer Q&A at the end
→ We’ll send follow up emails with offers to enroll in my course.
→ Two to three weeks after a pitch webinar, we’ll send your your affiliate earnings!
All you'll do is:
→ Schedule pre-workshop invitation emails (2-3)
→ Schedule social media invitation posts
(We’ll send you email copy, social share text and images)
During WEBINAR (Optional)
→ Introduce me
→ Moderate the live chat
→ Pose Q&A at the end
→ You’re all set!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT MY WORKSHOPS
This is a super cool distillation of Jessica's method.
I've read Growing Gills and just participated in the Creative Focus Workshop— and it's awesome!
My takeaway: procrastination/distraction happen when you haven't made a decision.
Wow, I've rarely watched a webinar that gives so much value.
I'm really happy I joined today.
Thank you so much for this training.
You are reinforcing this transformative habit for me. Thank you again. A great system.
Man, this is such important insight into the specific kinds of resistance we face.
Thank you both for GIVING us so much. Inspiring. It boosts the thought that the "world is a wonderful place."
This class is awesome. It makes SO MUCH SENSE. I can't wait to re-watch and reflect on the questions. Thank you so so so much!
Thank you both for all of your insights, personal and professional!
This was transformative.
The next step is to find a time for our event.
- Once we have you on the calendar we’ll send you promotional assets to share with your list and on your social media.
- After that, we just meet at the event and do something awesome with your audience!